FLYING TRAPEZE COACHING COURSE – STAGE 1
This course is aimed at people who are interested in flying trapeze and looking at taking their first step toward working as a trapeze coach. Participants will be introduced to the different aspects of flying trapeze coaching, including board, ground, basic safety lines, and catching.
OBTAINED SKILL SET:
Ground Work – warm up, group management, basic practice bar and spotting, basic equipment checks.
Board Work – single swings, regular class board work including catch rounds.
Basic Safety Line Operation – single swings, basic positions to net.
Basics of Catching – understanding basic theory of catching, catch locks achieved.
All training is conducted by our National Coach Scot (Ted) Tornaros at our indoor facility in Byron Bay, but will be tailored to suit both indoor and outdoor flying trapeze coaching.
Places are extremely limited – max 8 participants in the course.
- Must be at least 15 years old
- Must have attended flying trapeze classes in the past
- Must be able to hang on a bar by the knees unassisted
- Experience in a physical discipline such as aerial arts, gymnastics, dance, martial arts, etc would be an advantage
- Must be free from pre-existing injury that may be exacerbated by the physical nature of flying trapeze
- Fun and encouraging personality and a flair for teaching others
20 – 23 December 2021
Training is 4.30pm – 8pm each day
Circus Arts Byron Bay, 17 Centennial Cct, Byron Bay NSW 2481
Scot (Ted) Tornaros
$750 (20% off for our regular students – $600)